Phil Mickelson withdraws from Memorial citing mental fatigue after 79

in Partnerforum 25.05.2013 07:50
von oydgqaxnjw

Phil Mickelson withdraws from Memorial citing mental fatigue after 79
The PGA Tour does not publicly release information on player fines and suspensions.
This is Mickelson s first withdrawal from a PGA Tour event that he started since this same event in 2007 and the first time he can remember that he s bowed out without physical injury.
<a href="UR"L>cheap mens nike shox</a> The course here is in such great shape, he said after the round. It's a beautiful way to get ready for the U.S. Open. But I'm hitting it so poorly. I have to look at what's best for me to play in the U.S. Open and I'm going to take the next few days to kind of rest up. I'll probably go see <swing>instructor] Butch <Harmon> and see if I can get things straightened out.
Among the reasons Mickelson listed for the mental fatigue were an increased playing schedule and a recent vacation with wife Amy to Italy and France.
We had a great time, he said. But I think I probably just went a little bit overboard last month, and it has nothing to do with playing poorly and so forth, but I do think I need to get rested to play my best for the <U>S.] Open.
On Thursday, Mickelson s round started poorly and never improved.
After a par on the first hole, Mickelson double-bogeyed the second and followed with a bogey on the third. He played the next eight holes in 2 under, but closed his day by playing the final seven holes in 7 over, including scores of 5 on each of the last six.
When asked to recall the last time he had accomplished that dubious distinction, Mickelson quipped, I was probably 5.
The 79 eclipsed his previous high score of the season by two strokes and was the worst total since he posted the same number in the third round of the 2004 Canadian Open.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 299 Themen und 573 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen